The objectives of the workshop are to:
1. To create a platform for young lawyers and relevant stakeholders to discuss current and emerging issues on climate change and biodiversity loss in Nigeria and to foster partnership among young lawyers across different universities.
2. Build the consciousness of young lawyers on climate justice and Just Transition.
3. Develop and adopt strategies and activities for young lawyers in response to Climate change mitigation and adaptation.
4. Train 20 young lawyers every year to take action on climate change.
5. Share ideas, knowledge and best practices of projects by Nigerian youth on climate change.
6. Create awareness and improve upon climate literacy and diplomacy amongst Nigerian youth.
1. Increased understanding among Nigerian youth about the International Climate Change negotiation processes and entry points for Nigerian youth.
2. Enhanced collaboration and partnerships among young lawyers across universities in Nigeria.
Kindly note: This application is opened to Law Students within their third to the fifth year in a tertiary institution.
Click here to apply