YouthHubAfrica and Christian Aid invite interested individuals in the Federal Capital Territory to participate in the Youth Advocacy for Gender Justice Program. The program will provide a platform for young people in the target state to gain skills, develop capacity, and be able to advocate for Gender Justice and access quality health services through the FCT Health Insurance Scheme (FHIS) in their communities.
The training will provide an avenue for young people to learn more about Gender Justice, Universal Health Coverage, and the FCT Health Insurance Scheme (FHIS).
AIMS AND OBJECTIVES.
This project aims at addressing issues that affect the health and socio-economic wellbeing in FCT by building a youth coalition on Gender Justice. It will provide the young people who have been working to address gender justice in the states the platform, skills and, information to advocate for equity and justice.
Successful advocates for Gender Justice will
- Be part of a 3-day workshop
- Be part of the coalition of Youth Advocates for gender Justice, FCT, and will be supported with stipends to carry out advocacy-related activities in their communities.
Prospective participants must:
- Be between the ages of 18-29.
- Have been committed to being an activist with demonstrable work as an advocate for gender equality and access to quality health.
- Have a good command of the English language as the training will be delivered in English.
- Be a resident of the Federal Capital Territory.
DEADLINE: September 30, 2021.