The Secretariat for the West Africa Internet Governance Forum (WAIGF) along with the WAIGF Team invites you to apply the 13th edition of the West African Internet Governance Forum (WAIGF) virtually from 28th – 30th July 2021. To precede the WAIGF is the 4th West African School on Internet Governance (WASIG) to be organized from 25 to 28 July 2021.
The school is structured as a three (3) day intensive learning program intended to introduce participants to Internet governance (IG) from the global and West African perspectives. The format includes daily fireside discussions with experts in the field and participation in Policy and Regulation Initiative for Digital Africa’s (PRIDA) virtual training platform. Certificates will be issued to participants who successfully complete the training.
The key areas covered by the program are:
- Evolution of the Internet and history of IG
- Mapping of IG processes and actors
- Classifications of IG issues (infrastructure, legal, economic and development) from African contexts
- In-depth analysis of opportunities and challenges of emerging issues (cybersecurity, digital economy, human rights) from the West African context
- A practical exercise on a key Internet Governance issue affecting West Africa Apply here: https://www.waigf.org/wasig/
The application ends on the 30th of June, 2021