Every year, April is set aside for raising awareness on sexual assault, harassment, and abuse. April 2021 marks the 20th Anniversary of Sexual Assault Awareness Month (SAAM).
As a way of commemorating this milestone, NGWomen4Peace is organizing an Essay Competition for young Female Nigerian Writers, on the Topic: Sexual Assault as a Weapon of War: History, Effect, and Prevention.
The First Place Winner gets a 20,000 Naira Book Voucher; the Second Place Winner gets a 10,000 Naira Book Voucher; and the Third Place Winner gets a 5,000 Naira Book Voucher.
The top three entries will be published on NGWomen4Peace’s Medium.
Criteria For Participation
Submissions will only be considered from participants who are:
● Female Nigerians living in Nigeria.
● Aged 15 — 26.
● Essays must be creative and written in English.
● Essays must be an original work of the participants; any element of plagiarism leads to disqualification.
● Word count must be between 1000 — 1500 words.
● Essays must be submitted in .docx format.
● The essay document must not contain the name of the writer.
● A participant can submit only one essay.
● List of references used in the essays should be included at the end of the essays.
How to Submit Your Essay
Send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org in this format:
● Full Name.
● Short profile.
● Username(s) on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, and LinkedIn.
Attach your essay to the body of the email.
Deadline for submission is April 22, 2021.
Would you like to become a member of NGWomen4Peace? Click here to join us.
Apply here to volunteer for NGWomen4Peace.