Digital Rights Lawyers Initiative (DRLI) is pleased to announce a call for applications to Nigerian lawyers who would like to participate in a forthcoming Virtual Strategic Litigation Workshop on Digital Rights.
All applicants are required to submit for discussion, current or potential cases involving violations of digital rights in Nigeria.
The objective of the Workshop is to identify and provide substantive support and defences to cases on digital rights.
Criteria for eligibility:
- The call for applications is open to lawyers, in private practice, or working for or affiliated to NGOs, who either advocate, research or litigate digital rights in Nigeria. A maximum of 30 participants will be selected;
- The lawyers must have a demonstrated interest in and/or knowledge of digital rights and/or related issues;
- The lawyers must be involved in, or considering, litigating a case or cases that address digital rights violations.
Closing date for applications: Friday, 25 September 2020
How to apply
- Please send all applications to firstname.lastname@example.org. Shortlisted applicants will be notified soon after the closing date and should be available for telephone interviews on 28 and 29 September 2020.
- Internet Subscription Allowance
- Participants will be supported with internet subscription allowance for the duration of the Workshop to ease their online participation.
The Workshop holds virtually on the 16th and 17th days of October 2020. Further details will be shared with shortlisted participants.
For more information click here