The Amujae Initiative is the EJS Center’s flagship program, whose mission is to inspire and prepare women to unapologetically take up roles and excel in the highest echelons of public leadership, and to bring other women along. Each year, the EJS Center identifies 15 African women public leaders and offers them targeted leadership development experiences that are designed to fuel their ambition and equip them with the necessary skills for effective service. These women become part of a purposeful sisterhood that propels women in public leadership forward, a multi-generational network of distinguished women leaders, and a movement advocating for increased women’s participation in public life in Africa.
Our inaugural cohort of Amujae Leaders (class of 2020) is a dynamic group of women with impressive and diverse backgrounds in public leadership and beyond. Learn more about these women and the work they have been involved in throughout the year. As we look to 2021, we’re excited to open applications for our next cohort of inspiring women leaders who have set their sights on the foremost levels of public leadership.
Amujae Leaders receive world-class mentorship and training from former heads of state, leaders of international organizations, and private sector executives. We are looking for African women of proven talent and ambition, who have had a demonstrable impact in their line of service. The full application form, which will include an in-depth profile specification and detailed instructions for application, will open on 14 September. The key criteria for Amujae Leader applicants include the below attributes.
Applications will close on the 30th of September 2020 and applicants will be notified of the outcome by the 2nd of November 2020.
The Amujae Leader is a woman who:
- Is a citizen of and resides in any African country.
- Has proven leadership talent, having excelled in her chosen field and distinguished herself as someone who can deliver transformative impact.
- If not already involved in public service, has the vision and proven commitment to become an exceptional public leader.
- Has demonstrated a commitment towards the upliftment/ empowerment of other women.
- Is patriotic, demonstrating commitment and service to their home country/countries.
Click here to apply