This virtual network will enable journalists to learn how to use their existing platforms in reporting GBV during the COVID-19 outbreak.
The application process is now open for interested persons to volunteer and be part of YouthHubAfrica Journalists Network to report the Effects of Covid-19 on Girls and Women during COVID-19 pandemic.
The Coronavirus pandemic has led to a more increase in the trauma women and girls face while being locked in with their abusers. More cases of rape, sexual violence and abuse of girls and women rights have been recorded during this Covid-19 and the subsequent lockdown in Nigeria. YouthHubAfrica is therefore creating a Journalists Network which will be a platform for journalists and development workers to engage in amplifying women voices by reporting accurately cases of GBV in FCT and Ebonyi State.
The Journalists Network will consist of media personnel who will learn how to use their existing platforms in reporting GBV during the COVID-19 outbreak. The media personnel will be professionals from TV, Radio, Print, and Online in the Federal Capital Territory and Ebonyi State and will volunteer to use their platforms to advocate for rights of girls and women who are mostly affected during this pandemic.
- Be joining a network of media professionals from a crossbreed of media outfits
- Be part of a passionate community of journalists who are committed to ending violence against women and girls and promote their inalienable rights.
- Be equipped with skills and statistics on rate of GBV within FCT and Ebonyi State
- Have an opportunity to work with YHA and its partners to report GBV during COVID-19 outbreak.
- Be expected to attend and participate in the capacity building training through a series of Webinars.
- Be required to use their media platforms for cases of GBV against women and girls in FCT and Ebonyi State.
- Have exclusive rights to all published contents.
- Media Personnel that are passionate about increasing awareness of the issues affecting rights of girls and women during this pandemic across Nigeria.
- Applicants must have a considerable level of experience in mainstream media outfits.
Media Personnels who are available to join a series of webinars with leading media actors and individuals.
- Applicants must be a media practitioner in any of Radio, TV, Print and Online.
- Applicants must be a media practitioner in FCT or Ebonyi state or willing to report GBV cases taking place in these two locations.
Click here to apply