She Code Africa is a non-profit organization focused on celebrating and technically empowering young girls and women in technology across Africa, we run on community values and impact.
Being selected as a lead would fully be an individual act of VOLUNTEERING from you and being willing to co-build the SCA community on our goal, mission, and values below;
Goal: An Africa where women are equally represented across all career roles in Technology
Mission: To build a community that embodies Technical growth, networking, mentorship and visibility among all level and career roles in Technology
Values: Teamwork, Community, Technical growth, Leadership, Visibility
P.S: Please remember this role is voluntary and not paid.
City Chapter Lead
As an SCA city chapter lead,
- Your role would be to build a vibrant community of women in tech in your city.
- You will work remotely and closely with the City chapter coordinator of She Code Africa to ensure the effective and smooth running of SCA programs and initiatives
- Give direct reports from your community and each event organised by you
Campus Chapter Lead
As an SCA Campus chapter lead,
- You are an undergraduate student NOT in your first or final year.
- You will work alongside our Campus Chapters Coordinator to build a community of women in tech in your University / Higher institution of learning.
- Ensure the effective and smooth running of SCA programs and initiatives within your school.
- Give direct reports to your coordinator from your community activities and its events.