LEAP Africa is a nonprofit organization that offers innovative leadership and work readiness interventions for youth, with the primary aim of equipping them to live productively, lead ethically and motivating them to deliver positive change in their communities by executing community development projects or building sustainable social enterprises. We are on a strategic journey to building a world class institution. We are seeking to hire a Procurement Officer to support in the achievement of operational excellence and also drive the achievements of the organization’s strategic goals of “Making secondary education work and developing talents for the SDGs”. Find out more about the organization at www.leapafrica.org
Please carefully fill out this application form to be considered for the position as Procurement Officer at LEAP Africa.
CORE DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1) Report to and work closely with the Finance and Admin Manager in developing new and strengthening existing procurement systems and structures in the organization.
2) Provide and drive procurement (acquisition of goods and services) activities in order to provide effective support to user departments, getting the best value, quality and impacting the bottom line positively through cost reduction.
3) Vendor management – Coordinate the registration and accreditation of all LEAP vendors ( both local and international), Carry out vendor on-boarding for all vendors, manage vendor databases, ensure proper documentation of all vendor activities.
4) Strictly follow the procurement cycle in the procurement of goods and services on behalf of the organization – needs assessment, need specification, source options and plans, price negotiation and contract, purchase order, delivery, expediting delays, receipt and inspection of orders, invoice approval and payment, record maintenance.
5) Research, compare and analyse varieties of products and evaluate prospective suppliers; and ensure purchases comply with Company’s standards.
6) Source for and acquire resource grants on behalf of the organization.
7) Stakeholder relationship management – Manage relationships between vendors, internal and external stakeholders; Manage regulatory compliance procedures related to procurement such as payment of withholding taxes etc.
8) Conduct periodic vendor/contractor performance evaluation for quality improvement and provide/discuss outcome with them
9) Provide quick and proactive communication/ response to all relevant stakeholders towards resolving any issues or complaints.
10) Support in the sale of LEAP books, periodic visits to bookstores, and efficient stock management plan for LEAP’s books.
1) Bachelor’s degree in any field.
2) At least 2-3 years of relevant experience in managing corporate procurement in a structured organization.
3) A proven track record of success in resource mobilization and stakeholder management.
4) Knowledge of ERP or other accounting software
5) Highly skilled in the use of MS Office Suite; Data analysis and management
6) Except be very responsive.
8) A high level of integrity, sound judgment and initiative.
Location is Lagos, Nigeria.
Application Deadline – April 15th, 2020