JOB TITLE: PARTNERSHIP AND FUNDRAISING MANAGER
LEAP Africa is a nonprofit organization that offers innovative leadership and work readiness interventions for young people, with the primary aim of equipping them to live productively, lead ethically and motivating them to deliver positive change in their communities by either executing community development projects or building sustainable social enterprises.
We are on a strategic journey towards building a world class institution that seeks to be an ecosystem builder, a thought leader in the and development hub for young people. We are seeking to hire a Partnership and Fundraising Manager to support the organization by developing and expanding its fundraising activities, Partners network and also supporting the achievements of the organization’s strategic goals of “Making secondary education work and Developing talents for the SDGs” in Africa.
CORE DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1) Report to and work closely with the Executive Director in developing and expanding the fundraising activities of the organization, with a strong focus on cultivating new, and leveraging existing, relationships and partnerships with local and international funders and donors.
2) Source grant income from trusts, foundations and other statutory bodies.
Identify and build new and alternative potential funding streams for the organization. Support the organization’s strategic objectives to increase funding streams, both locally and globally.
3) Develop private and public partnerships to drive overall strategic direction and objectives of the organization. Organize and manage fundraising events.
4) Drive donor engagement by constantly showcasing the impact of the organization’s work.
5) Work strategically to develop and implement a long term and sustainable plan on how to best align with the organizational strategy for relationship fundraising.
6) Use data, insight and extensive knowledge to inform decisions and deliver against revenue goals and objectives.
7) Work closely with the programmes unit in the preparation of concept notes and proposals, and ensure timely and complete submissions according to tender guidelines and donor requirements.
8) Work closely with the communications unit to coordinate direct mail campaigns, implement the community outreach events and & other PR activities.
9) Lead on the identification, cultivation and stewardship of high value stakeholders across all revenue streams.
10) Develop and maintain an extensive data bank of all partners and funders; liaising and expanding networks with current & potential donors and stakeholders.
The required candidate should possess the following:
1) Bachelor’s degree in any field. (MSc will be an added advantage).
2) At least 5 years of relevant experience, including working with international teams and having an existing network across all sectors particularly in the nonprofit industry.
3) A proven track record in fundraising, proposal writing, resource mobilization, programme design & development, stakeholder management and grants management;
4) A proven track record in strategy formulation and implementation;
5) High level of success in business development, fundraising event management, change management;
6) High level of creativity and problem solving and conceptualization;
7) Adept in the use of MS Office Suite;
8) Exceptional interpersonal skills;
9) Excellent communication skills (both verbal and written) and interpersonal abilities, including negotiation skills;
10) A high level of integrity.