Welcome to March.
In March, we get to celebrate women around the world. March is National Women’s History Month. Woohoo!!!
Women have equaled and outperformed men in almost every sphere. “It is time to stop trying to change women, and start changing the systems that prevent them from achieving their potential.” António Guterres, Secretary-General of the United Nations.
Zero Discrimination Day
1 March is Zero Discrimination Day. This year UNAIDS is challenging the discrimination faced by women and girls in all their diversity. You can get more information by visiting their page. https://www.unaids.org/en/2020_ZDD_campaign
International Women’s Day 2020
March 8 marks International Women’s Day, on this beautiful day, we get to celebrate wonderful women all around the world for their achievements, successes and various contributions to the community, family, and humanity as a whole. #IWD2020
The amazing theme for this year is #EachforEqual, an equal world is an enabled world. International Women’s Day is a global day celebrating the social, economic, cultural and political achievements of women. The day also marks a call to action for the acceleration of women’s equality.
We can also testify to the fact that women are amazing and deserve to have equal opportunities to thrive. Let’s all show our support for women at all times and especially during the International Women’s Day celebrations.
Here are some fun activities for the Women’s day Celebrations can join in;
- You can strike the #EachforEqual pose, Just as I did and Post on social media using #IWD2020 #EachforEqual.
- #EachforEqual Selfie Cards. You can take pictures with a variety of selfie cards. There are several categories for pledging actions. Each category has an individual and group selfie card available for download – or you can access the full downloadable PowerPoint version to co-brand or edit your text. There are also blank selfie cards available for download, where users can enter your own actions. https://www.internationalwomensday.com/SelfieCards
- You can enter one of the #IWD2020 Competitions – whether you’re into typography, rap, street art, photography, baking or best practice – there are so many ways to get involved. https://www.internationalwomensday.com/Activity/14359/IWDcompetitions
- Where are the Women rappers in the house? The Award-winning @ItsCCane has put the call out Public address loudspeaker for #IWD2020 #EachforEqual Rap Competition Entries Musical Note Watch her awesome kick-off rap #TellMe http://bit.ly/IWDraps and get your entry in as we celebrate #womenrappers worldwide. Tag yours #IWDrap #IWDrap2020
- If you are looking to engage students for #IWD2020? Download the useful classroom resources and encourage future generations to be #EachforEqual http://bit.ly/IWDtools
You can read more and get resource about Women’s day by clicking on the link below;
In March, we will also be celebrating Mother’s Day on March 22. Mother’s Day is a day for appreciating mothers and mother figures for all their support, encouragement and sacrifices.
What have you got planned out for mother’s day?
Let’s all put on our thinking caps and start planning for our surprise gifts to our mothers and mother figures in our lives.
For Climate Change and Environmental Activists and Advocates, Tuesday, 3 March is World Wildlife Day 2020. The theme of World Wildlife Day 2020, “Sustaining all life on Earth”, encompasses all wild animal and plant species as a component of biodiversity, as well as the livelihoods of people, especially those who live closest to nature. This aligns with UN Sustainable Development Goals 1, 12, 14 and 15, and their wide-ranging commitments on alleviating poverty, ensuring sustainable use of resources, and on conserving life both on land and below water to halt biodiversity loss.
Share what you’ve learned with your friends and family. Spread the word, especially to children and youth. They are the future leaders of wildlife conservation and they deserve a future where we humans live in harmony with the wildlife that shares the planet with us. Here are some outreach materials.
Use the hashtags #WorldWildlifeDay #WWD2020 #SustainingAllLife #Biodiversity2020 #SustainableUse
Also, Saturday, 21 March is the International Day of Forests 2020.
Setting Plans for March
Do not forget to set out our plans for March.
Before planning for March, you have to evaluate for February. Get your pen and paper, think about all you were able to archive for February and write them down and be grateful for them.
Secondly, write down all you wish to achieve for March and write down ways and strategies in achieving your set goals.
Wishing you all a blessed and eventful MARCH.
Let’s keep the conversation going by dropping comments at the comment section, sharing your own story or experience, or some ways to help one step out of their comfort zone which I did not mention. Thank you.
Watch this space as I would be sharing loads of events celebrating women and this will allow you to take action and speak out.
I hope you enjoyed reading this post, please share, like and comment.